I have been busy creating a very simple load shedding app that shows all the slots a particular block is scheduled to be load-shedded. Currently, the App is only tested for Johannesburg but may work for other areas too. Please let me know on firstname.lastname@example.org
You can download the free app from the IOS store here
And here is a link to the Google Play version
It is also available as a Web App here.
Please note: information for this app has been gathered directly from Eskom and I cannot be held liable if it is incorrect for any reason what-so-ever. If Eskom changes the scheduled stage, there may be a delay in updating the app.
If you have any problems with the App then please drop me an email on email@example.com
How to find what load-shedding block your area is in
- If you are a Joburg City Power customer, then use this PDF to find out what block your suburb is in.
- If you are in Cape Town, use this map to find out what block your suburb is in.
- Use this PDF if you live in the Eastern Cape (Buffalo City Municipality).
- Otherwise, you can download the free Eskom Se Push app and find your suburb. The block is the number in brackets after the suburb name.
- If anybody has any PDF documents that may provide information on which suburbs belong to what block please forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org